Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SSCM ) course
Duration of the course
Linking GPP with Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SSCM) and generate a first understanding of the Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SSCM) concept.
Understand on how companies can make their supply chains more sustainable thereby reflecting on different entry points such as production (e.g. product design) and business processes.
Understand the implementation side of SSCM and considers necessities and particularities of companies (e.g. risks, economic interests, specifics of different industries, etc.).
Provide in-depth knowledge on GPP in Bhutan by focussing on the policy and legal side as well as the procurement cycle and its application in practice.
Learn on how GPP acts as a lever by creating demand for sustainable products or sustainable supply chains, respectively, finally constituting an important opportunity for companies to serve new markets and increase their revenues.
- The need for sustainability
- GPP in Bhutan
- Understanding Sustainability
- Introduction to Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Environmental, social and economic characteristics in goods, works and services
- Interactive Session Hot Spots Analysis
- Sustainable Business Cases
- Sustainable Products for Bhutan
- Principles of the Circular Economy
- Excursion Bio economy
- Sustainable Business Cases
- Solution Lab on reducing Hot Spots
- SSCM – Implementation approaches
- SSCM in various industries
- Introduction to GPP
- GPP in practice – obstacles and solutions
- Presentation of the knowledge platform
- Role-Play Procurer & Supplier
– Managers involved in the supply of goods, work and services.
– Managers from business entities
– Others interested in Sustainable supply chain management practices
The training would enable the participants in approaching the tenders that include GPP characteristics in technical specifications, award criteria and contract conditions. Senior to Middle managerial level professionals are encouraged to attend the program. A wide diversity of participants is anticipated to provide crucial learning experiences, during the training sessions, to incrementally green the procurement landscape in Bhutan.
Benefits of the Course
- Able to understand the significance and relevance of undertaking Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SSCM)
- Develop skills in SSCM practices
- Learn how to apply the knowledge and skills in your organization
- Get inspired from guest speakers (subject to availability) in sustainability supply chain management
- Exchange views and experiences with participants on GPP/SSCM implementations
Duration and methodology
Extensive learning-sharing amongst participants and between participants and facilitators will provide insights into field experiences on procurement system. Site visits will augment the training through practical exposure and life demonstrations.
Representatives from GPP Project partners and RIM will facilitate the training sessions.
For further information and contact Information